Magellan RM 5255T-LM computer application.

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Brewster, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Brewster

Brewster

I purchased this unit advertised with free lifetime upgrades from Canadian Tire last year and left it dormant in Florida over the summer months. Upon arrival and plugging it into the computer to update it, I get please follow directions from Pc application for updating maps or software. I have no such application installed on computer and no such software came in the packaging. Upon calling the 1-800 number listed on the Magellan update website, I ended up talking to someone I could barely understand who I determined, after asking him to repeat himself many times, was suggesting I give him remote access to my computer so he could determine why it's not responding to the Magellan being plugged in with something other than follow instructions from PC application. There is no way in hades I'm giving remote access to some third world inhabitant, the GPS will go into the trash before that happens.

Am I being unreasonable in assuming Magellan has deliberately created this roadblock?

Brewster, Nov 14, 2017
  2. Brewster

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 15, 2017
    Brewster likes this.
  3. Brewster

Brewster

Oh, it very may well have been in the packaging but after unpacking and getting the thing up and running, I just left it at that and used it to get to golf courses for the months I was down south for the winter without thinking about registering or some such.

Thank, you for those links, they will prove invaluable to get me what I need, thanks again.

Brewster, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Brewster

Hal Carter

I bought the same GPS Device. As soon as I got it, I plugged it in for updates and it downloaded/updated. Suggest going to another computer. By the way did you get a Backup camera with the Device? I'm trying to get one.

Hal Carter, Apr 10, 2018
Ask a Question