Magellan RM6230-LM STOLEN. Can i Track it ?

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by ring0, Sep 29, 2015.

1. ring0

ring0

Hello

my magellan RM6230 was stolen yesterday, is there a way for me to track it and catch the thief ? i really liked that gps :(

any help would be appreciated

ring0, Sep 29, 2015
  2. ring0

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I'm afraid the answer is no, If your 6230 was on (which it won't be), and able to get a satellite fix (i.e. outdoors), then it would know where it is, however it has no way to communicate with you, (you don't have any way to communicate with it either), tracking devices not only have a GPS on-board, but they also have cell-phone circuitry, so that they can call you with their location automatically or you can call it and request it to call back with a location. Sat-Navs receive signals from satellites (not their owners) and they don't transmit anything at all

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 29, 2015
  3. ring0

AvechuchoAxel

The only way is if the NEW OWNER try to register the unit under his own name or personal info. But probably will get 0 help from the manufacturer to locate or hand you out the new owner information.

AvechuchoAxel, Feb 19, 2017
Ask a Question