Magellan RoadMate 1700-LM

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by hombre, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hombre

hombre

This is my first posting here. The way it's being going for me, there will be many more.

Here's my problem(s). I have a new 1700-LM as of last Friday 7th. I charged the GPS battery for four hours, only to have it last some 20 minutes at most. When I turned on the unit the screen shows..the WARNING info regarding working with the gps while driving, etc. I understand all that. According to the User Manual, I'm to see a pop-up screen showing two Icons...GO TO and VIEW MAP. I don't get any of those. Also, the manual is completely different from what pops up on the GPS and what's the manual shows.

Does anyone know what I can do to get the screen to show.... GO TO and VIEW MAP.?

Thanks for the help.

Best to all.

hombre, Sep 11, 2012
  2. hombre

hombre

It is always best to answer your own post here.

I sent email to Magellan Tech Support on the above questions. That was Monday, 10th, and today some 24 hours later I received a reply from Magellan. It seems the 1700-LM unit comes with different working /screen software, and when I downloaded the 2012 Maps updates this changed the whole workings on how the gps now works. The User Manual is now out-dated due to this update.

So, being somewhat a electronic wizard, I have played with the GPS and now have it running up to speed the way it should. I have tested this 1700-LM by adding several destinations into the address file, and driven to all these locations. The unit performed very well and right to the exact spot.

hombre, Sep 11, 2012
Ask a Question