Magellan roadmate 3030

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by tara hubbard, Jun 4, 2018.

1. tara hubbard

tara hubbard

i have a handheld gps. i use it in my job everyday. it has a lifetime update. i went to get an update yesterday and got this message on my computer. this app cant run on your pc. to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher. fine. next i went to the magellan site and was told to go to
    Code:
    www.smartgpseco.com.

this i did. followed the instructions on the screen. and i still get the same message. so now what any help would be apprecitaed.

tara hubbard, Jun 4, 2018
  2. tara hubbard

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There a few details in your post that are unclear, e.g. :-
    1. Is the 'update' a map update or some other software?
    2. Have you previously managed to 'update' using the same GPS / computer combination ?
    3. If 2) = yes, what had changed ? I..e computer operating system or other software change
    4. Was anything downloaded / updated when you followed the smartgpsco instructions?

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 4, 2018
  3. tara hubbard

tara hubbard

i have not updated my magellan 3030 in 2 years. every time i went for an update all i ever saw was ones for the us. this computer came with the operating system 8.1. when i downloaded smartgpseco.com then rebooted my pc, i still got the same message this app cant run on your pc.

tara hubbard, Jun 5, 2018
Ask a Question