Map Addition

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by bermec, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bermec

bermec

Just bought a Garmin 51 LMT-S to replace my obsolete
    Tomtom One.
    One useful feature was user updates, the satnav sends me on a long detour from my village to go north, it does not recognise the public road through a park.
    Is there a way to modify the map to use the road (which is shown on the map)?
    Thanks.

bermec, Apr 15, 2018
  2. bermec

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It will depend how the road through the park has been designated, as a general rule satnavs will route from side roads to main roads / Motorways and then back down to side roads again, in the UK roads go :- Track, B road, A road, Dual carriage way Motorway

You can change some options such as :- Settings >> Navigation >> Avoidancies >> Unpaved Roads / Motorways etc.. or you could set a Via to force a Route to go on the road through the park using Trip Planner

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 16, 2018
  3. bermec

bermec

Thanks for the reply.
    Your explanation makes sense, I take it that the road (through Baggrave Park) is unclassified.
    I used the satnav for a trip to Norfolk today and was quite underwhelmed by the audio directions and used the map more than I would have with the tomtom.
    I'll follow your directions regarding the Settings and see how I get on.

bermec, Apr 16, 2018
Ask a Question