Map confusion on multiple devices?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by mikeau, Apr 12, 2023.

1. mikeau

mikeau

Can someone answer if maps are loaded on the SD card if they will interfere with the internal maps?

I have a 2597LMT and loaded maps for France/Spain/UK/Morocco etc onto the SD card which were originally downloaded from openstreetmap. Things seemed OK at first but then the Nuvi would recalculate at seemingly random times. It also stopped giving me vocal directions or showing speed limits and the lane guidance stopped working.

I then bought a Drivesmart 6.95 but found it had similar problems...

Being suspicious I recently had them both mounted for a trip from Brittany France to near Amsterdam NL.
    Driving North up through France I realised that they were not recalculating randomly, but doing it at the same time!
    Further North in France and then through Belgium and NL they stopped recalculating, and both started working perfectly normally with speed limits, vocal directions and lane guidances!

The only common factor I can figure out is either the maps loaded on the SD are interferring with the normal functioning of both satnavs, or there is something wrong with the Garmin map updates which are being downloaded (via Garmin Express for the 2597 or via the built-in wifi on the Drivesmart 695).

It wouyold be nice to know which for sure.

mikeau, Apr 12, 2023
  2. mikeau

henry34653

I have a 2595 and notice when i have both maps active at once they do get confused. The solution is to have only 1 map active at once.

henry34653, Apr 12, 2023
  3. mikeau

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin allow all installed maps to be enabled at the same time, however I would not recommend this as you have no way of knowing which map is being used, it is much better to disable all installed maps and then just enable the map you want to use

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 12, 2023
Ask a Question