Mapset Toolkit problems

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by DTR, Dec 5, 2014.

1. DTR

DTR

Hi all, new to the forum, so hope this issue hasn't been covered somewhere. I did a search and not coming up with answers.

So I have a Garmin 60 CSx that I have used for backcountry snowmobiling for years. I download the gpx tracks file, then clean up the tracks using MapSource. I am trying to make my tracks into maps, and it is no longer working for me. I will describe what I do, and maybe someone can shed some light on what is going on. I have used this same process for years, and never had a problem until now.

After editing my maps in Map Source, I load the file into GPS Map Edit. I then go through and convert to polylines and points, set up the levels, etc, save this file in a new location, then export to cGPSMapper. I save this exported file with the same 8-digit number I used in Map Edit. After that finishes, I close the program and open Mapset Toolkit to load the img files. Everything converts and runs fine. Then I close Mapset Toolkit, and re-open Map Source. My new map shows up in the product selection dropdown, but my map is completely blank. Then only thing that shows up is the "Map created by cGPSMapper" logo.

I have redone my map in Mapset Toolkit with a product id, with a family id and a typ file, everything I can think of, and nothing seems to be working. I have a tutorial I got years ago from someone on one of these forums, and follow it step by step. I have downloaded the newest versions of all programs, etc, and still have a blank map show up.

Can anyone help me? Is there something that is corrupt or a newer, better set of programs to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DTR

DTR, Dec 5, 2014
Ask a Question