Meridian Marine help.

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Bernie P., Dec 12, 2017.

1. Bernie P.

Bernie P.

Hi folks,I recently brought my old Meridian Marine back to life.It died years ago from batterie leakage.Anyway I got a brand new copy of Mapsend Topo 3D and now I need to buy an SD card and reader.I'm not sure what I need though.Size and type of card?A card with or without adapter?Do I need a card reader that can write as well as read etc?I "think" type wise a Micro SD card is what's called for.Beyond that though....?Ideally I'd like a card with enough capacity to transfer at least all or most of NY state on to.Any help much appreciated.

Bernie P., Dec 12, 2017
  2. Bernie P.

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Meridian Marine user guide refers to memory cards as SD (Secure Digital), not microSD, although microSD could be used inside an SD adapter, the manual refers to a maximum SD card size of 64MB although this link suggests 512MB could be used :-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/magellanmeridianmarine.php

You may have a problem finding an SD card this small and larger cards may not work at all, because these larger cards were not catered for

Note:- There are different types of SD cards which vary in capacity I.e. :-

SD or SDSC = 1 MB to 2GB (2000MB)
    SDHC = 2GB to 32GB (2000MB to 32000MB)
    SDXC = 32GB to 2TB (32000MB to 2000000MB)

SDHC and SDXC are unlikely to work in your unit and only 64MB or less is guaranteed

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Bernie P.

Bernie P.

So far the only place I found that has SD cards in 8 16 32 and 64MB is ebay.Found some SD GB cards at GPS and Camera shops but I dont think they'll work.Thanks for the help!

Bernie P., Dec 13, 2017
Ask a Question