Montana 680 Geocaching issue

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Joe Wessels, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Joe Wessels

Joe Wessels

Good Day,
    Last week I uploaded a GPX file of geocaches from my laptop to the Montana 680. Used the Montana later and found 3 geocaches with it. A couple days later powered it up again for another geocaching trip and when I touched the geocaching icon got the messages that there were no geocaches. Plugged the Montana into the laptop and confirmed the file was in the GPX sub-folder. ???????????????
    In addition, when I looked at the recent finds, the geocaches we had found were no longer there - just a black space where they would have been.
    I checked to see if there was a Montana software update that might be responsible but there were none - the unit is up to date.
    I am not currently using an additional memory card in the unit and have about a half a gig of available space.
    Sign me stumped in Delaware.
    Checked the forum to see if anyone else had this problem but came up empty. The unit is 4 years old.

Joe Wessels, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Joe Wessels

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This has been reported in the past, it has something to do with adding new geocaches to the sql database of existing geocaches, fixes listed included a Master Reset of the 680 and deleting the files contained in the :-
    /Garmin/SQL/ folder so that the 680 can re-construct a new sql database file of all geocaches

There is also the suggestion of not using any geocache file 'filtering' but using 'Show All' instead, as this also messes with the sql database

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 23, 2019
    Joe Wessels likes this.
  3. Joe Wessels

Joe Wessels

Thanks for the info. I'll check into that area and try to resolve.

Joe Wessels, Sep 23, 2019
Ask a Question