Montana 700 - No Vehicle Folder

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by revrnd, Jan 4, 2024.

1. revrnd

revrnd

I'm trying to add a custom vehicle icon. I'm told I have to open my GPS via Windows & copy the icon file ( a .srf file) to a folder marked Vehicle. However when I do this, there is no folder marked Vehicle. Any suggestions?

TIA

revrnd, Jan 4, 2024
  2. revrnd

LostAgain

When it's plugged into the computer, what folders do you see inside the Garmin folder?
    Are you able to change the vehicle in settings via Map Setup > Advanced Setup > Vehicle?

LostAgain, Jan 5, 2024
  3. revrnd

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would expect to find the /Vehicle folder in the root (top) directory not the /Garmin folder of your Montana like this :-

root.jpg

If the /Vehicle folder is not present you could create one, however your Montana would presumably be looking somewhere else in order to find it's *.srf files, so it may not help, I would expect this folder to contain maybe 6 or 7 srf files

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 6, 2024
  4. revrnd

LostAgain

With the 700 series Montana the Vehicle folder is not in the root directory, but inside the Garmin folder, it contains about about a dozen default vehicles/files.

garmin-root.png

garmin-folder.png

LostAgain, Jan 7, 2024
  5. revrnd

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ah OK file structures obviously vary from one product to another

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 7, 2024
  6. revrnd

LostAgain

Yeah it seems they do vary between devices, I don't have a Nuvi but I have a Montana 610, Montana 700 and a GPSMAP 276CX and each of those it's inside the Garmin folder.

LostAgain, Jan 8, 2024
Ask a Question