Montana 700i Course and Route Planner lock up

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Hwyflyer, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Hwyflyer

Hwyflyer

Hello Everyone, is anyone experiencing this problem with Montana 700i.
    Went to plan a route using the unit itself in Route Planner, first step is plot a waypoint, in that screen I assigned a waypoint and hit the next button and nothing happend, I tried using the back button nothing happend, those were the only option. The screen is locked up. Can't go foward, Can't go back. I had to power the unit down to do anything. Same thing happens in Course Planner.

So I called tech service, the technician grab the Montana and proceeded to run the same method and guess what! There's locked up too. So we both did a hard reset. Their's started to work while mine still has the same problem.

I am going on the road and will not be able to use a computer to plan a route and the transfer it to the Montana. I'm going to need to use the Montana itself on the fly. For it to happen to 2 units, it seems to me that is wide spread, maybe that's just the conspiracy theorist in me. One thing I will say is that it has locked up using this method before but when I shut it down and started it back up it would work so I have created some routes and courses. But now it's locked up for good even with a hard reset, which is a pain in putting all the data to get the unit back to baseline usage.

So has anyone got this problem?

Hwyflyer, Mar 12, 2024
Ask a Question