Moving Dot

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by lonesoac0, May 6, 2015.

1. lonesoac0

lonesoac0

Hello all,

Recently, I have been hitting the road on the weekends and I would like to record my movements and replay the data on google maps. I want my dot to visually move from point A to B on the route that I took. I do not want a bread crumb path, just from point A to B to C etc.

Anyone know how to do this?

lonesoac0, May 6, 2015
  2. lonesoac0

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You must always have a number of 'bread crumb' points or waypoints in your track, there no other way to do it, however you can set how often a new position is made,' Auto' usually looks for changes in direction, or time intervals can be changed to what ever you want. When a set of waypoints is loaded onto a GPS / Sat-Nav or computer it is often converted to a route that is displayed as a continuous path, say along a road, but this is calculated from the waypoints. I would need to know what you use to record your movements to give any more suggestions

having got a GPX with waypoints on it, you can convert it to a KML file using GPSBabel, the KML will open in Google Earth and show a track, but it will be a breadcrumb trail because Google Earth will not convert it into a continuous route in the same way a computer / GPS will

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 20, 2015
Ask a Question