Mstar usb serial driver for Windows 7 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Other GPS Devices' started by kagor1, Jul 13, 2014.

1. kagor1

kagor1

Hello,
    I recently bought a secondhand GPS. I am wanting to try and run Memory Map software on it. The GPS does run Windows CE 6. Unfortunately there was no driver disc with it and it doesn't have any manufacturer or brand info on it anywhere. The GPS has a 7" screen and looks very similar to a 7" "Car Joy" GPS I have seen on the net.When you switch the GPS on there is a photo of a Satellite for a few seconds on the left half of the screen. The mapping software data is IGO8.exe

My problem is that I have not been able to active sync the GPS to my windows 7 64 bit laptop. When I connect up the laptop it looked on the internet for a driver but reported "driver not found" and that a "Mstar usb serial driver" was needed. I have looked for a suitable driver but had no luck yet. There appears to be many manufacturer specific Mstar drivers. I have no idea which to try?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get active sync running please. Everywhere I look there are apps that want to check out all my drivers. I just want to download one for this GPS.

Please keep any replies as simple as possible
    Thank you, Brian

kagor1, Jul 13, 2014
Ask a Question