My First Sat Nav!

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by DanDH, Jul 9, 2017.

1. DanDH

DanDH

Hello. I'm a bit of an oldie and have managed umpteen years without a sat nav up to now, but I'm now going to buy one to help with my driving. So I don't know much about them but know there are certain features I want - if available. The most important is being able to set my *own* route and for the directions to be recited to me en-route. Would some kind person let me know which make and models do this. Cost: £130 or below. They don't have to be new models, but not too old for the maps to be out of date or not supported. Many thanks in advance. Regards, Dan

DanDH, Jul 9, 2017
  2. DanDH

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would have a look at the Garmin Nuvi range that has 'Trip Planner' and free lifetime maps, there is a free computer program called Garmin Basecamp, that can copy the maps from your Nuvi to the computer, you can then plot your own route on the computer and then download the route to your nuvi's Trip planner, you can then select this 'trip' and your Nuvi will give you voice commands to follow the route you have made

Look for a Garmin unit that has Apps >> Trip Planner, there are quite a few Garmin Nuvis that do this, my 56 LM with trip planner and free lifetime map updates is one

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 10, 2017
Ask a Question