Nüvi 2797_map download-not showing

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by frailer5, Aug 14, 2015.

1. frailer5

frailer5

Finally downloaded, after paying, for France/Benelux. Download says complete. Map not showing in Maps, however.
    Have restarted device.
    Any tripwires? Solutions?

frailer5, Aug 14, 2015
  2. frailer5

frailer5

Oh, should mention; we were advised to get a Micro SD due to lack of internal memory being possible issue. The download was targeted to that. (8GB Class 10).
    In fact my wife encountered a rude/arrogant phone help guy, who told her to get an 'SD card'. I nearly bought a standard SD as a result.
    Thanks Garmin support; obviously no QC on THAT helpline.

frailer5, Aug 14, 2015
  3. frailer5

frailer5

Update. Used SDFormatter to wipe and format the SD card. Downloaded, apparently successfully, the France/Benelux Map. Pointed it to the SD card, (Options).
    Still not showing in 'Maps', but no error messages as to why.
    Shall try phoning one of the arrogant pr**ks at garmin 'Support' tomorrow, again. Money back, at this stage, by the looks.
    Tedious. A flawed process, i'd say; implemented without proper recourse to error flagging so you know WTF is going on.

frailer5, Aug 16, 2015
  4. frailer5

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you connect your Nuvi to a computer, you should be able to check if the files are present like this :-

microSD.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 22, 2015
  5. frailer5

frailer5

Thanks for replying.
    Things have 'moved on'… After 2 more calls to Garmin OZ here, we await, after something like a several week approval process, a refund.
    I did, after talking to them, put the micro SD into an adaptor, and pop into the Macbook. On each download attempt, (about 6), there appeared different files sizes,,, (82 MB, 276 MB…). Seems to have been a broken pipe each time. We are on cable broadband, so download speed, per se, did not seem to be the problem. (The target file size was 726 MB). The Macbook was set each time to Energy Save 'off'.
    On the last call, a week after the first support call, it was suggested we could buy a pre-loaded micro-SIM. Why was this not suggested then?!
    We were leaving the next day, so that was out of the question.
    They were most reluctant to consider a refund until I set my wife onto him, (she had spoken to the more arrogant support person a week earlier).

If you spoke to Roy from The IT Crowd, you'd get a better result. Garmin are a joke.

frailer5, Aug 22, 2015
Ask a Question