Navigation problem Drive Smart 65

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Skyman, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Skyman

Skyman

The GPS constantly avoids toll roads although it is not set for that. Tried different settings but it still stubornly asks me to leave high way and usually takes me through local roads. What am I doing wrong?
    The unit is updated and using Europe map.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    Skyman, Oct 31, 2023
  2. Skyman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Obviously you need to allow highways (motorways) and toll roads, you can also avoid side roads, tracks, paths etc, also selecting 'Shortest' can make the satnav exit the highway, you should select 'Fastest' instead

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 31, 2023
  3. Skyman

Skyman

Thank you. I've tried all of that. It didn't work. Today, I've found under "Custom settings" the feature to select different countries for toll roads. I changed that and I think it is the right way, as I haven't had problems navigating in Greece for example but only in Slovenia and Austria. Both countries were selected "Ask for permission" or something. Now it is selected to allow. I am sure that was the problem, actually it is hidden behind not so obvious name where you wouldn't normally look. It was much easier with my very old Nuvi 660

Skyman, Oct 31, 2023
Ask a Question