Need a new car adapter for my Nuvi

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Loopie, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Loopie

Loopie

I have bought several of them from various vendors (including Amazon), and every aftermarket adapter I've bought, my unit goes into PC mode when I plug it in. Any suggestions on what to buy and where to get it or maybe a way to rewire it? I have 2 units, a Nuvi 1450LMT and a Nuvi 550.

Thanks,

Loopie

Loopie, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Loopie

IncrêdîblêFôx

Loopie,

Just ask Gôrmin. Always ready to help even if suffering the toughest hardships with their stuff.

IncrêdîblêFôx, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Did this post help the Original Poster?, or is it just an advert for Garmin?

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Loopie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Satnavs usually go into PC mode when they are connected via a USB cable that has active data wires, I.e. the unit has been connected to a computer, or some other USB socket using data transfer, if you use a 12Volt to 5Volt car power adapter that only has the two power wires conected to the satnav the unit ussually goes into navigation mode

There is another posibility, some satnav units monitor an extra conector on it's mini-USB connector, there are 4 wires in a USB 1/2 cable e.g. +5Volts, 0v (gnd), data TX and data RX, however at the satnav end there is a fifth pin, this is used to force some units into different modes, if your satnav reads this pin, you would need to connect pins 4 and 5 together in order to enter navigation mode

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 5, 2018
Ask a Question