Need help reinstalling my sat nav.

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by Caskin, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Caskin

Caskin

My in car android media unit came equipped with IGO world sat nav, by way of an mini sd card loaded via a dedicated GPS slot.
    I recently removed the sd card to carry out updates (very simple operation) .On replacing the card after update, the card was indicated by my media unit as successfully mounted. Then using file manager I found the IGO exe icon and clicked on it. The usual came up, install, manage or cancel.
    Selected install, screen indicated IGO sat loading then done and installed. Next operation was to "OPEN"
    My sat nav opened as usual with the "Welcome" and my GPS position being shown, At that point a message appeared "app closing try again",when I did the same sequence occurred with the same error message.
    Any advice to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.

Caskin, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Caskin

kashafjack

Do you discover a fantastic solution? If so, kindly provide it to me. I appreciate your sharing.

kashafjack, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Caskin

Caskin

As a matter of fact I dd. After wasting any amount of time on IGO, I decided to go down a different route. Removed all IGO files etc from hard drive and installed SYGIC. You can find it in macro sd card form from the web. Its easy to install just 3 steps, it installs onto your hard drive, so you will not need to use the macro sd card again, so could pass it on if you so wished. There is a company on Ebay item number 172332361524 selling this item, but if you go direct to the company quoted, you will find it cheaper. But the one thing about Ebay it does explain how simple it ti is to download. My version was 2022 my next problem is to find a way of updating the installed maps, But apparently this company provides for that anyway...hope this helps. You can also if you wish download a free version onto your own sd card, but then you have no support!

Caskin, Mar 4, 2023
Ask a Question