Need some recommendations

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Scout84, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Scout84

Scout84

Hey everyone! Thanks to Boy Scouts, my son is wanting the two of us to go on more father and son hiking adventures outside of just what his troop is doing. I’m looking for recommendations for a decent, budget friendly gps that we can use to keep track of our progress on the trail, and help us avoid getting “turned around” if we venture off onto different secondary trails. Just for reference, we would be mostly hiking trails in the South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia area.

I’m not opposed to buying a used unit either as long as I know that it’s not too outdated to be very useful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Scout84, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Scout84

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Take a look at a used or new Garmin Etrex20 / 20x, The Etrex10 is cheaper but can't really have detailed maps installed (useful for viewing your Track / Route against), the Etrex20 can either be purchased with maps or (for less cash), can be loaded with free OSM maps from Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Scout84

Scout84

Thanks!

Scout84, Jan 30, 2021
Ask a Question