Needing some advice on a proper GPS

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by TinMan, Oct 14, 2022.

1. TinMan

TinMan

Greetings all, FNG here. I have decided it is time to retire my 2007ish Garmin 60CSx. But (as evidenced by the age of my current unit) I have been away from the industry far too long to make an informed decision on a proper replacement. With its primary job being the info-meter on my motorcycle, it will also see duty on my boat and in the truck, both on and off road. Since I am well acquainted with the 60CSx, and do like its features, should I simply step up to one of the newer Garmin GPSMAP series , or is there a better choice lurking out there?
    Any thoughts will be much appreciated. :)

TM

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    TinMan, Oct 14, 2022
  2. TinMan

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you want a new unit that resembles the 60CSx then you have lots of choice, the GPSMap 64, 65 and 66 will give you a lot of extra features in unit virtually identical to the 60CSx

https://www.gpscentral.ca/compare-garmin-gpsmap-64-65-66-series/

The only downside I can think of is the small screen size as these are all (like the 60CSx) handheld walking / hiking units, using one unit for multiple uses is always going to mean compromise, the Zumo is built for motorcycles, the Dezl is built for trucks and there are many units built for marine use, but if you want something waterproof with a bigger screen look at maybe Oregon or Montana

https://totalhiker.com/garmin-oregon-vs-montana-comparison/

I don't know how easy it is to mount any of these suggestions on a motor cycle, truck or boat though

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 15, 2022
Ask a Question