New Garmin GPPS User

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by eglideic, Jun 11, 2019.

1. eglideic

eglideic

I have been a TomTom user for many, many years, I don't like the changes TomTom made to the newer GPS units.
    I got a used Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT and used it on a trip. I liked the Voice Command feature and it worked fine for me on the trip. The main things I didn't like is it did not show the total miles to the destination and it's kind of small. The instruction book didn't come with it, so maybe there is a way to get it to display the total miles to the destination, I just don't know.
    What would be a larger Garmin GPS unit that would give me the trip info I want, and has the Voice Command and Lifetime Maps?
    I'm looking at the Garmin Drivesmart 60LMT model, but I don't know if it has the features I want.

eglideic, Jun 11, 2019
  2. eglideic

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I'm Guessing that what you want is a displays of the current total distance to your destination that counts down as you drive along the Route

73716.png

The display on Nuvis is configurable, in this case if the bottom right hand grey window is tapped while navigating to a destination, you can choose between Arrival Time, Arrive In, Destination Distance, Via Point Arrival Time, Time to Via Point, Direction, Time of Day and Elevation. The picture shows Destination Distance which is the one you require.

Here is a link to the User Manual :-

https://support.garmin.com/support/manuals/manuals.htm?partNo=010-01123-70&language=en&country=GB

As far as I am aware bigger screens just scale up the same information as smaller ones rather than give extra info.

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 11, 2019
  3. eglideic

eglideic

eglideic, Jun 12, 2019
  4. eglideic

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 12, 2019
  5. eglideic

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 12, 2019
Ask a Question