New to GPS - Basic Question

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by hoenet2k1, Sep 22, 2015.

1. hoenet2k1

hoenet2k1

My family has trail cameras we use for wild game hunting. We have had a recent problem with trespassers stealing them. I'm curious if there is a solution that exists where we could place a GPS receiver in the camera (could pull off the power source of the camera) and track with some sort of app. Does anyone know if a solution like that exists or are we out of luck?

hoenet2k1, Sep 22, 2015
  2. hoenet2k1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Do a web search for 'GPS Tracker', this device has a GPS receiver and cell phone circuitry that requires a normal cell phone SIM card to be installed, it will also have a rechargeable battery in it. This device can be called from a cell phone and when the unit receives this call it will send a text message back to the calling cell phone with it's position co-ordinates, they can also be programmed to automatically sent their position at a regular time interval, this position can be directly displayed on a smart-phone map. I don't think you will be able to place this device inside a trail camera because there won't be enough room, also some (not all), of these devices can cost more than a trail camera, although I have also seen them on Ebay for £20 - £40 U.K.

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 22, 2015
  3. hoenet2k1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Posts that advertise GPS trackers or any other product will be removed from this forum

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 13, 2017
Ask a Question