New voices for my Nuvi DriveSmart 51

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Riverguy, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Riverguy

Riverguy

I've searched and searched and have yet to find an answer to this simple question: In Garmin Express, how/where do I find the (tiny) selection of voices available for download. I'm interested in English language voices. British accent OK.

Thank you!!

Riverguy, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Riverguy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a few ways to change the voice on your Garmin Satnav

1) Selecting the voices already on you Satnav by Menu >> Settings >> Language & Keyboard >> Voice Languages, Note that some are just 'TURN LEFT', 'TURN RIGHT' etc. while others can also Say Street Names, on my Nuvi 56 there are over 40 voices to choose from, they can be found in the file structure of the Garmin in /Voice, It would be possible to copy these *.VPM files from one unit to another

2) Download free voices from the internet, there used to be Garmin web pages that allowed the download of extra free voices for you Satnav such as www8.garmin.com/vehicles/voices/#free, however I can't find working links anymore

3) There are companies on the internet offering extra Garmin Voices for sale, I have not used any of these companies so I can't recommend any of them

4) Record your own voices, Garmin supply a free software package called Garmin Voice Studio that allows you to record your own voices, there is a link the Garmin Webpage here :-

https://www.garmin.com/us/products/ontheroad/voicestudio

This post will be updated if I get any new Info.

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 24, 2020
Ask a Question