Newby with a problem

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by chas11h, May 19, 2014.

1. chas11h

chas11h

Hi all,
    can anyone help an old IT ignoramous get my maps back. Story starts with a Tom Tom XXL GPS with European Mapping bought from Halsfords maybe 3 years ago. Used it all over southern Europe without a blip.

This year decided to tour northern Europe to Copenhagen and back through France, Belgium, Germany, Holland and Denmark. Not until I tried to set a destination in Germany did I realise that Germany and Denmark are not considered to be in Europe by Tom Tom.

My fault for not reading the small print. (eyesight shot and little patience)

So bite the bullet and spend over £50 of my pension on a Tom Tom download.I took a back-up as they advised and after a few hiccups it eventually responded well and avoided me and the missus falling out over which way is left and which is right.

Get back to Folkestone and discover that UK mapping is no longer loaded......

No problem...I have a back up!!!!! But where is it? I tried to re-install the back up but UK mapping has disappeared. Any ideas? Tom Tom's website is not user friendly for an
    impatient old xxxxx like me.

chas11h, May 19, 2014
Ask a Question