NMEA 0183 sentences

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by Tatiana, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Tatiana

Tatiana

Dear colleagues,
    I started to work with data provided by receivers (in particular Septentrio PolaRx5S) in NMEA format. My work is related to the ionosphere scintillation analysis and I need such parameters as pseudo-ranges and carrier-phase. Maybe some of you knows which NMEA sentence contains this information?
    As I understood, $GPGSV sentences contain an information on the satellites in view. And as I thought $GPGST sentences contain an information on pseudo-ranges. But there is only one pseudo-range value in this sentence that can not be true in the case of few satellites (this value differs from satellite to satellite).
    Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Tatiana, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Tatiana

Mark Hunter

The $GPGST is pseudorange error statistics not raw pseudoranges. I think you will need to log sbf data directly from the receiver and then decode it. You may wish to enable clock steering so that the reported ranges aren't biased by the internal clock.

Mark Hunter, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Tatiana

Tatiana

Dear Mark,
    Thank you!
    Does it mean that there are no pseudo-range and carrier-phase values in NMEA files?

Tatiana, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Tatiana

Mark Hunter

Yes I think so, you know NMEA messages are (originally) used for internal communication on ship systems and I guess they see no need for this level of information to be shared.

Mark Hunter, Jul 26, 2019
  5. Tatiana

Tatiana

Thank you Mark!

Tatiana, Jul 26, 2019
Ask a Question