"No Matches Found"

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by GPSHead, Mar 23, 2017.

1. GPSHead

GPSHead

I tried to enter a new address this morning and was getting the "NO MATCHES FOUND" even though it acknowleged the roads I was looking for existed. In searching for the answer, some with the same problem found that the map they had installed did not have the checkbox next to it checked. ( On a Nuvi2460 follow these icons:Tools->Settings->myMaps). On further poking around the settings,my Garmin had the "No Highways" box checked, and because there was no other way to get to the address that I had entered "no matches found" was the result. On a Garmin Nuvi 2460 to uncheck the avoid Highways box, Go to Tools->Settings->Navigation->Automobile->nuRoute->Avoidances And there you need to make sure you have only the items you want to avoid checked and what you have checked will still provide the garmin a path to get to your query. If your garmin is a different model the path to get to the navigation "Avoidences" may be a little different.
    Good Luck

GPSHead, Mar 23, 2017
  2. GPSHead

GPSHead

I guess I wrote a possible solution too soon. This is an intermittant problem. When attempting to enter an Address, ( even my own), I Go to: Address->enter Postal code->enter House number-> enter the street( it shows me the street I have typed in so I choose it). The hourglass will come up and after about 20 seconds it says "No Matches Found" Then i enter it a few more times and it may or may not recognize the address. I had installed an updated map 2018.10 ALL about a month ago.

GPSHead, Mar 23, 2017
  3. GPSHead

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would agree that you would need the correct map to be 'Checked' before you do a search on an address that is contained in that map, however I don't think that the 'Avoidances' setting would affect the search, because, the Avoidances would only come into play after the search, when a Route is calculated from your present location to this new address using selected Highways, roads, paths etc.

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 24, 2017
Ask a Question