Not Enough Memory

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Jerryc41, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Jerryc41

Jerryc41

In doing a map update yesterday, my Garmin DriveAssist 50 paused and told me to insert an SD card because the map file was too large for the internal memory. There was already a 32GB card in the device. No matter what I did, it couldn't find the card, but it updated, anyway.

How can Garmin sell a GPS that doesn't have enough internal memory to hold its maps?

Jerryc41, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Jerryc41

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The internal memory of your DriveAssist 50 was obviously big enough to hold the map supplied from new, however every new version of the map gets bigger, also users load other maps onto their units so sooner or later you are going to run out of internal memory, both Garmin Express and Garmin Basecamp can see internal / microSD memory and display the amounts of free and used memory

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Jerryc41

Jerryc41

Thanks.

Jerryc41, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Jerryc41

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Here is the info. that is provided by the Install Maps option of Garmin Basecamp

Image1.jpg
    If you have problems with map installation I would also suggest that you use Garmin Express to download the new map to Computer Only, you can then use Garmin Basecamp > Maps > Install maps to view the above and manually decide where to send the new map

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 8, 2022
  5. Jerryc41

Jerryc41

Thanks. I didn't know that was an option.

Jerryc41, Dec 8, 2022
Ask a Question