Nothing seems to be working on my brand new Garmin nüvi 3790LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by robertin75, Sep 2, 2011.

1. robertin75

robertin75

Hello:

Today was the first day that I used the GPS and everything seems to be malfunctioning.

1.- Am I supposed to scroll the map with my fingers whenever I want to see where the car icon is going?

I remember from previous models that the map would automatically update on the screen and I was always able to see where the car icon was going.

2.- The voice takes a long time to tell me that I missed a turn.

3.- The voice never tells me that I am about to arrive to my destination. I remember that in a previous model the voice used to say something like "in 300 feet turn left on XXX street".

3.- The recalculation process takes a long time. If for example I pass the street where I should have turned to it takes several seconds to recalculate and if I re take the right road again the voice is still telling me the instructions that I should have followed if I had taken a wrong trn.

Hope there is an easy answers to all these problems as I am very disappointed with what I thought was a great GPS.

By the way all the software and maps is already updated to the latest version.

Thanks,
    Roberto

robertin75, Sep 2, 2011
Ask a Question