Nuvi 1440 won't update

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Simon Winslow, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Simon Winslow

Simon Winslow

Hi, isn't it convenient that Garmin help isn't available evenings or weekends, Doh!
    I was prompted to update my device by express on Friday and connected it to my computer. When my update was finished, my dashboard said there had been a problem updating, but it also said I was up to date. When I try to use my Nuvi it tells me that there is no map data. I had an online chat which got me to update express and try again after restart, same problem. I've tried a few times since but it's no different. As I was planning to use the device today I have found this to be a tad frustrating. Can anyone help please. Simon

Simon Winslow, Feb 18, 2017
  2. Simon Winslow

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Do you use the Garmin Basecamp program on your computer?, if so Basecamp may have a copy of your old maps, you can re-install the old map to your Nuvi with :-
    Basecamp >> Maps >> install Maps, (your Nuvi needs to be connected to your computer and visible in Basecamp). This will at least get you back to having a map on your Nuvi even if it isn't that latest version

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Simon Winslow

Simon Winslow

Hi Nuvi-Nebie, Sorry no I don't use basecamp. My problem is that my maps are up to date on my dashboard, but will not install to the device. Dashboard says an error occurred when installing, so installation doesn't complete.

Simon Winslow, Feb 22, 2017
Ask a Question