Nuvi 1490 missing some states

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by vev46, Aug 13, 2017.

1. vev46

vev46

I recently tried to find an address in Colorado. I first tried changing the state from WV (where I live) to Colorado, as follows: Where To, Address, Change State/Country, Spell State or Province, as I typed the letter C in the Enter State/Province field, Connecticut was the ONLY state that showed up. OK, time to do a software update, (successful) and then a map update, (successful), and I have the same result. I made sure that the new map, CN North America NT 2018.20 [1] Lower 49 States NE had a check mark in the box. Still nothing but Connecticut when I entered a C to fill in Colorado. Should have listed California also, right? In the Enter State/Province screen, choosing Done without entering anything the list of states comes up & shows the following states: AL, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI. (Only 33 states!!!) What the heck is going on? Leaving on an RV trip in a few days, and I have to get this fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

vev46, Aug 13, 2017
  2. vev46

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think the USA must be spit into two, you have North America NT 2018.20 [1] Lower 49 States NE where NE is North East, I am guessing there is a North West as well, as the missing states are all West of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 13, 2017
  3. vev46

vev46

Thanks for replying, I found out that I indeed had downloaded only the NE (Northeast) maps. There are 4 regions in the Lower 49 states, and apparently, there's not enough memory for all of them in a nuvi 1490's internal memory. You can, however, insert a miro SD card 4 to 32Gigs. I did so, and was able to download all the regions and access the lower 49, Canada, P.R., etc., as long as the card is left in the unit. Thanks, Speed 210mh for leading me to the solution.

vev46, Aug 13, 2017
Ask a Question