Nuvi 2555LM - Clear MicroSD card

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by newbie2555lm, Jul 9, 2017.

1. newbie2555lm

newbie2555lm

I have a Nuvi 2555LM and installed a new 8GB SD card into it to update my maps. I used Garmin Express and it found the update and installed it but when I turn my GPS on, under mymaps, it's a blank screen. I go into my memory card under "Nuvi 2555" in My Computer and see that it has 2.2 GB free of 7.49 GB, so it looks like something was put on there even though no files show up. I don't have a MicroSD card reader, so is there a way for me to format it or clear it using my GPS device?

Also, using BaseCamp under map product manager, I see the newest map on there (City Navigator North America NT 2018.2 - Ver. 21.20 - Unlocked). Not sure if that helps with anything

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    newbie2555lm, Jul 9, 2017
  2. newbie2555lm

newbie2555lm

Just reinstalled the maps and now it shows under mymaps. The only problem is that it says "California, UT, Los Angeles". So it seems that it somehow installed maps for a specific region.

newbie2555lm, Jul 9, 2017
Ask a Question