Nuvi 2597 LMT - Traffic Stopped working - Help

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by windows_mss, Jun 15, 2023.

1. windows_mss

windows_mss

Hi All,

I have been using NUVI 2597 LMT for a several years, and it was functioning as expected until my most recent update.

I contacted Support for assistance, but despite multiple follow-ups over the past 20 days, they did not provide much help. One of the response I received from the support team was as follows: "Traffic is sourced from a third-party company, and we have no control to block any issues. These problems can occur due to the age of your device, which has been in use for almost a decade. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done. This is typically a result of wear on the port at the back of the device or the device starting to malfunction."

I agree my device was aged but I'm not convienced with the response I received because it was working well until the day before the map update, Based on the information I gathered from my device, including the Device Internal Traffic Receiver Dashboard, the Traffic Receiver Provider, and the Traffic Receiver Status, for me everything appears to be functioning properly. I have attached screenshots of these for reference.

I tried Factory Reset, Cleared Traffic receiver data under Developer info but nothing worked.

Although I am not well-versed in GPS terminology, I suspect that only the traffic feature has been internally disabled as a consequence of the recent map update.

I am curious to know whether my device is malfunctioning or if the issue is related to the recent map update.

Could you please help me understand whats going with my GPS device?

Attached Files:

windows_mss, Jun 15, 2023
  2. windows_mss

JGinLA

I suspect that's Garmin's gentle way of saying your GPS has "aged out." My nuviCam updates OK but my 3597 won't even be recognized.
    I'm also seeing on other sites that certain traffic companies are dropping Garmin or vice versa.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    JGinLA, Jun 18, 2023
    windows_mss likes this.
  3. windows_mss

edagrade

I also run a Nuvi 2597 here in New Zealand, though it is a spare as I now rely daily on a DS65. My 2597 traffic used to work through the power cable picking up a radio signal for traffic data. I later began using a Garmin Smartphone Link app with the 2597 which gave traffic data through the internet - similar to my DS65.
    While it is very likely Garmin may in some way are dismantling features of aging devices via 'updates' (a practice I deplore) perhaps you may be able to get traffic through the app as I mentioned above?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    edagrade, Jun 19, 2023
    windows_mss likes this.
  4. windows_mss

Navi

I have the exact same problem.
    I think we need to press Garmin to honor their “lifetime traffic and update” promise.

Navi, Feb 9, 2024
Ask a Question