Nuvi 2699 Internal storage

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Thor Anders Aarhaug, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Thor Anders Aarhaug

Thor Anders Aarhaug

Hei,

Just bought a 2699 with Full Europe coverage and used it on my vacation driving through Balkan. Unit worked great, but to my annoyance I observed that my tracklog for one leg was missing. Apparently, the internal memory is full preventing writing to archive files.

The installed 2016.10 Europe map is about 3.7 GB add about 400 MB in JCV files. I don't know what uses the rest of the 8 GB of internal memory.

To remedy this, I see several options but I don't know what's possible in software:

1) Is it possible to delete files in internal memory not needed in order to free space (ie. DEMO etc)?
    2) Can device write GPX tracklog to my 32 GB SD card when Internal Memory is full? I have made a /Garmin/GPX folder but see no use of it
    3) Is it possible to install map directly to SD card with Garmin Express?

I love to keep tracklogs, and often use it to geotag my photos. Hope someone knows how to fix this on my device.

Yours,

Thor

Thor Anders Aarhaug, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Thor Anders Aarhaug

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

1) It is possible to delete files, although I would copy anything to want to delete to a computer first (remembering where it used to be), On my Nuvi56 Demo only take up about 22MB, so I wouldn't bother removing it, however the Voice folder contains different languages the you may never use, I have removed 350MB of the 380MB from this folder leaving only the 3 English files. I'm not sure where the supplied maps reside in the Nuvi, as my laptop tells me 2.51GB of 7.15MB is free, (so 4.64GB is used), I can only find 494MB of files visible from the computer so the maps must be hidden somewhere.

2) Up to now I have only stored Maps on the micoSD card, not sure about tracks

3) Haven't tried Garmin Express to send maps, but you can definitely store maps onto a microSD using Garmin Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 19, 2015
Ask a Question