nuvi 2797 vs memory cards

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by MPSanSouci, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MPSanSouci

MPSanSouci

good day to all!!!

new to the forum and looking forward to making a few new friends.

two quick questions in relation to the nuvi 2797 and the memory cards ..

a) what is the largest capacity card that the 2797 will recognize or see .. is the speed of the card a factor as well?

b) once the 2797's internal memory is full, will the unit "roll-over" to the memory card, if one is actually installed?

I know that the 2797 has 8GB of internal memory, but I happen to notice that mine if almost 1/2 way there. in order for the memory card to work the way I am anticipating, the data would have to "roll-over" from the internal memory to the card .. correct?

would it help if I duplicated the data / tree structure from the internal memory over to the memory card? would the unit then still see all of the necessary system files?

sorry for so many questions .. but I do not seem to get any response from Garmin directly.

Michael

MPSanSouci, Jun 4, 2014
  2. MPSanSouci

MPSanSouci

just as an update for all .. in case you were curious .. :rolleyes:

i happen to stumble upon a document, from the garmin support site, that has all the information regarding garmin nuvi gps'

garmin does have a recommended max size on the microsd cards .. speed, however, is not a factor.

for all nuvi series gps' -> 8GB

i was hoping to supply the link to the document, but being new, i cannot. the document lists all garmin automotive gps' and the maximum size microsd card recommended

go to garmin's 'support' web site and search for ..

[ What is the largest size Secure Digital (SD) card that an automotive device can accept? ]

michael

MPSanSouci, Jun 9, 2014
Ask a Question