Nuvi - searching for streets using a different language than the interface is set to

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by mo4644, Jan 18, 2015.

1. mo4644

mo4644

Hi, maybe the people on this forum can help me:

When the Nuvi 40 Street Navigator device is in english text mode, and i set the keyboard to hebrew for use with israel maps, no streets are found - only if i set the keyboard to english and type in english.

If i set the text to hebrew, it finds the streets in hebrew keyboard mode, but what i want to do is use english text mode (since thats my native language) with the hebrew keyboard - since its hard to find streets when using the english keyboard, since sometimes street names are transliterated in strange and counter-intuitive ways, and it is hard to figure out what spelling needs to be used - but in hebrew there is only one proper way of spelling, so its no problem to find streets if searching in hebrew.

For example, the city "rechovot" can be spelled in english "rechovot', "rehovot" , "rekhovot" , or "reckhovot" , but in hebrew there is only one way of spelling it. I have seen this feature with other GPS devices from other companies, and i want this to work on garmins too.

Does anyone know of anything i can do?
    I submitted this idea to garmin over a year ago to make a change, but they haven't done anything about it. I think this problem is on all Nuvis.

Thank you for your help.

mo4644, Jan 18, 2015
Ask a Question