Old Garmin GPS 38

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by ssmassy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. ssmassy

ssmassy

I have an old GPS38 that is refusing to find and lock onto satellites Garmin say this model was discontinued a long time ago and could not suggest how I could fix this problem Does anyone out there know how to reset this model to its factory defaults? Will this fix the problem? I also have a GPS 12 and fear this may also develop the same problem as it is also old and no longer 'supported' by Garmin. Right now the GPS 12 is behaving fine. Whilst not used a regularly as before, I do check both models when clocks change from UTS to summer time twice a year & the problem with the model 38 has only come to light in the last 6 months??!!

ssmassy, Oct 27, 2015
  2. ssmassy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have a GPS38 that I have unsuccessfully been trying to coax back to life for some years, my first question would be, what date does your GPS38 display in Menu >> System Setup >> Date?, if the date displayed is out by more than 10 years you will need to run a computer program on it called GpsEow.exe, I can give you details of how to load / run this program if it is needed. If the date displayed is out by less than 10 years there are a few other tricks to try, including master reset which is done by holding down 'Page' while turning the unit on, but I would check that date and report back here first

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 28, 2015
Ask a Question