Old Rino 120 will serial port to 64 bit USB work?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by october1, Oct 3, 2013.

1. october1

october1

Hello everyone,
    I'm new and hope you don't mind me asking a question right off the bat. This may have been answered before but I couldn't find it if it has. I came here because I got the impression that you guys may know more about what will work with the Garmin products than Garmin themselves.

I have an old Rino 120 that I bought 2-3 years after they came out. I would like to try to hook it up to my computer but need to buy a cable. I was told by Garmin that I would also need an adaptor cable that will take the serial port connector on the gps cable & convert it to USB. The problem is they sat I must be running a 32 bit system, but my windows 8 runs 64 bit. The first tech I talked to said I may be able to find a converter that converts to 64 bit so I looked & found one from Micro Connectors In, but. I decided to double check with Garmin before ordering because I seen someone on Amazon said Garmin told him it must be 32 bit & the tech I talked to the second time said he highly, highly doubted it could be done with 64 bit.

Do any of you know if this will work with my 64 bit system?

october1, Oct 3, 2013
Ask a Question