Oregon 300

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by bsa250, Sep 25, 2019.

1. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Folks, just updated my Oregon 300 through Garmin Express, since then my road maps uk & Europe are no longer
    recognised ? does anyone know how to find the spanner in the works ? have used it with no problem for the last
    three years without a problem ,,, Just says no navigable maps or routes !!
    Many thanks Mack...

bsa250, Sep 25, 2019
  2. bsa250

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you use Garmin Basecamp while the Oregon is connected to the computer, it will take a copy of the maps on the Oregon and place it on the computer, from there the maps can be copied back to the Oregon using Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 26, 2019
  3. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Speed 210, thankyou for the info, sadly I have never used Basecamp ! if you could tell me where the maps
    from the Oregon are placed on the computer ? and which method to use to re copy them back
    to the Oregon, that would be a great help...
    Many thanks Mack ....

bsa250, Sep 26, 2019
  4. bsa250

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The copying is done by Basecamp, so the maps won't be on your computer, you could install Bascamp on a computer now and connect your Oregon to see if Bascamp can 'see' the maps on the Oregon (they could be just disabled), it's worth a try and if Bascamp copies the maps to the computer, then sending them back to the Oregon may re-activate them

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 26, 2019
  5. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Speed 210, yes thanks tried that ! still no go even though I have an SD 16gig card sat in the Oregon !! it still will
    not read the SD card for some reason ? and it only happened after I plugged it in to Garmin Express
    to update Firmware etc .. The original card before updates & a new card I have tried and both are
    not being read in the device or Basecamp !!
    Could you suggest any part of the Oregon 300 I have over looked that needs to be energised etc ?

Many thanks Mack....

bsa250, Sep 27, 2019
  6. bsa250

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would try a Master Reset on the Oregon 300

NOTE : This will erase all user data (but not maps) so make backups

With the unit off touch and hold the top left hand corner of the screen, while holding turn unit on, keep holding the screen until a 'Do you want to erase all data Y/N' message is displayed *, select yes, you may need to try this a few times before getting the message

* Sometimes a display brightness screen is displayed before the erase screen, you can remove 'hold' when either screen is displayed

Master Reset reference link

MicroSD card test reference link

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 30, 2019
  7. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Speed 210,
    thanks for the info, I have tried that and still no map shown in SD card reader in the Oregon 300 ! yet loading jpegs on the SD card reader in the Oregon 300 there they are ! so the SD reader is fine it must
    be the IMG file I have purchased which is at fault..
    Many thanks Mack...

bsa250, Oct 3, 2019
Ask a Question