Oregon 550T - Owner Info Page???

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Colorado_Dave, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Colorado_Dave

Colorado_Dave

Hello, I am new here. Searched the thread for "Owner Information Page" to no avail.

On my Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX, I have the option to create an "owner information page" that comes up when the unit is turning on. Quite useful if I were to misplace the unit - it has address and phone number and a "reward" note.

I just upgraded to the Oregon 550T and was very surprised to see this owner page missing? Or am I overlooking it? Is there a way to create a page with my contact info?

Please help!

Colorado_Dave, Mar 5, 2013
  2. Colorado_Dave

LeiLar

Yes. Connect your Oregon to a computer in USB mass storage mode and edit file [OR drive]:\Garmin\startup.txt in a text editor like notepad. You can add several lines of text at the end of this file which will be displayed at startup. This feature is useful for adding contact information in case the unit is lost.

Modifying the line <display=0> in the same file will change the the number of seconds that custom startup message is displayed (i.e. <display=5> will display the message for 5 seconds). Note your boot time will increase by the same number of seconds, so a value between 5-10 seconds is a reasonable setting.

LeiLar, Mar 11, 2013
  3. Colorado_Dave

Dr. Strangelove

Hey, thanks for this. Just edited my startup page.

Dr. Strangelove, Apr 23, 2013
Ask a Question