Oregon 750t Track Recording

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by ChipperGPS, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ChipperGPS

ChipperGPS

I just came back from a trip and had started some recordings while I was going down a lazy river. It appears that it did not record while on the river. But when I got out of the river, it did record me walking. I have looked at some instructions and am assuming that I was going to slow down the river for it to detect I was moving and record the track. But I didn't find anyplace that says what to do to keep it from happening again. Any suggestions?

ChipperGPS, Aug 9, 2020
  2. ChipperGPS

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This problem was quite common on older Satnavs used for driving, in order to cut down 'drift' and 'jitter' units were set to not record any slow movements, this meant you didn't appear to drift away from the Red Light while waiting for it to change, however units like the Oregon 750t would be useless if this feature was permanently on as it would not record slow walking / hiking, the 750t is also more accurate / sensitive than older units, so drift /jitter is less of a problem

Some walking / hiking units do have switchable options like 'Stay on road' or minimum travel speed before Track recording starts, I'm not sure it the 750t has these but I would expect them to be off as default, so you would have to set it up that way before it happens

750t Track options Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 11, 2020
Ask a Question