Please, older guy needs help finding GPS

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by bountybuddy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. bountybuddy

bountybuddy

Hi everyone. There are so many choices when looking for a GPS it's a bit overwhelming. I'm 70, love to take road trips and get lost easy. Yes, I see the humor here. I like the idea of a GPS telling me when I am coming up on a turn and gives me the name of the road where I turn. Simple works best for me. I like the Garmin GPS's. Could you please suggest some GPS's that you feel would work well for me. If to expensive I don't mind buying refurbished. Thank you so much for your help. Drive safe my friends.

bountybuddy, Feb 6, 2015
  2. bountybuddy

Kevin.Hutch

For normal road use I wouldn't go past the nuvi 2597 (5 inch) or depending on the dashboard space the 2797 (7 inch). Planning trips can be done in you lounge chair with the inbuilt Trip planner app and then pick the trip and go.

It can get a bit confusing if you have an off road section as it tries to take short cuts when it doesn't know the road exists.

Kevin H

Kevin.Hutch, Mar 10, 2015
Ask a Question