Possible fix for lag in the Roadmate 2136T-LM Unit!

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Natwill2007, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Natwill2007

Natwill2007

Ok, I love GPS' and I bought this one from Fry's Electronics in Houston. It was a brand new unit and it worked fine. I updated it in Oct. 2012 and it was slow, laggy and the points of interest did not work. So Magellan was kind enough to send me a new unit with the latest software installed. It STILL was slow and lagged badly. Again the points of interest did not work. So I posted on the Facebook page for Magellan about my issue.

The Tech said to Connect my unit to my laptop or PC and close the Magellan content manager. Then open up the My computer and look for the Magellan drive. Mine was Drive: F

Then right click on the drive symbol, click on properties and then select defrag hard drive. Which I did. It took about 30 minutes.

I rebooted the unit and Wham!! it works like it should!! Points of interest, no lag and quick turn by turn nav. Woo Hoo!

I hope this helps allot of people!!

Natwill2007, Feb 20, 2013
  2. Natwill2007

klassic

Thanks i did as you said but didnt have the defrag opition so i went to programs.accessory/system tolls and defragged from there..Works great now,thanks for the tip.

klassic, Mar 15, 2013
Ask a Question