Premium Caches

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Liviticus, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Liviticus

Liviticus

Using Garmin GPSMAP 66st.
    Regarding geocache.com.
    The Garmin has the the ability to store Premium caches from geocache.com even when a person only has a "basic" account simply by inputting the .gpx code and downloading the info from geocache.com. These remain even when the unit is rebooted. My question is, where are they stored inside the Garmin gps and in what format? The basic .gpx files are stored in the gpx folder however the premium gpx files seem to be stored some place else. Maybe in a different format? Anyone have any idea where?

Liviticus, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Liviticus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This downloading of Premium cashes with a 'basic' logon may be only available when using a GPSMap 66 which I don't own, however If you could give more details of how the download is achieved I can try it on a GPSMap64, are you saying you are given a 'Download GPX' or 'Copy to GPS' option after entering a GCxxxxx code into the Search box at the geocaching site?

Are you using the new 'Live Geocaching' feature on the GPSMap66 detailed Click HERE?

The Built-in geocaches supplied with the GPSMap64 are stored in :-
    /Garmin/GGZ/preload.ggz and can be disabled by renaming this file to say preload.ggzx

Garmin notes on GGZ Click HERE and Click HERE

Standard download GPX files containing geocaches are stored at :-
    /Garmin/GPX/file-name.gpx

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 27, 2020
Ask a Question