Printing Map using Basecamp and Ordnance Survey Grid reference

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by TomDyke, Nov 7, 2023.

1. TomDyke

TomDyke

New user here, hope this isn't a daft question but I cant immediately find the soilution.

I have made a map and wish to print it off. When I use Print it using longitude and Latitude a scale is marked on the horizontal and vertical axes in increments of 0.1'

However I want to replicate this using British Ordnance Survey units.

Unfortunately when I change the units to Ornance Survey it does not do this. Is there a solution? Thanks in advance for any replies....

TomDyke, Nov 7, 2023
  2. TomDyke

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If I select a map area in Garmin Basecamp and then select File >> Print >> Print Preview I get Latitude and Lonlitude displayed on the Map, eg :-

Lat-Long.jpg

If I then go to Edit >> Options and change 'Grid' from Lat. / Long. to British National Grid (this also changes Datum from WGS84 to O S Great Britain), then the new File >> Print >> Print Preview gives me O S data like this :-

OS.jpg

I'm guessing you are referring to the lack of O S numbering in between the ones on the top right and bottom left of the second picture ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 7, 2023
  3. TomDyke

TomDyke

Hi there, thank you for your reply. Yes the problem is exactly as you describe. I want to replicate the scale visible on the long / lat version in the OS Map version and I cannot do it, it simply states the bottom left and top right coordinates

TomDyke, Nov 9, 2023
Ask a Question