Problem Installing DIYmall "G-Mouse" GK-172 & G-72 GPS USB Dongle. Help!

Discussion in 'Other GPS Devices' started by tgparker, May 20, 2021.

1. tgparker

tgparker

Problems Installing "G72/VK-172 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Glonass Beidou GNSS Receiver Module" (New model of the VK-172). Help and Support Please?

I recently purchased on Amazon the "G72 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Glonass Beidou GNSS Receiver Module".
    Code:
    amazon.com/Diymall-G-Mouse-Glonass-Raspberry-Aviation/dp/B00NWEEWW8/ref=psdc_3248676011_t1_B07SMRXSC8

I carefully followed the installation instructions which I downloaded from the ublox.com site. I downloaded and installed "u-blox GNSS Standard Driver for Windows, v1.2.0.8".

I checked the windows device manager and the "u-blox GNSS Receiver (COM5)" drivers appear to be properly installed in Windows 10/64.

Whenever I insert the "G72 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Glonass Beidou GNSS Receiver Module" into the USB port on my PC, the indicator light Flashes once only and then the unit is DEAD.

I downloaded and installed u-centersetup_v21.02.exe.zip, and loaded u-center_v21.02 and it actually recognizes "G72 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Glonass Beidou GNSS Receiver Module", BUT the unit fails to activate.

Please advise what I should do?

Is there some installation & configuration procedure that I have missed?

OR is the unit "G72 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Glonass Beidou GNSS Receiver Module" defective?

Thanks in advance!

TG

tgparker, May 20, 2021
  2. tgparker

alexlee1904

Based on the information provided, it seems that the USB GPS dongle is not functioning properly. Here are some steps you could try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try plugging the USB GPS dongle into a different USB port on your PC.

2. Check if the USB GPS dongle works on a different PC or laptop. This will help determine if the issue is with the USB GPS dongle or with your PC.

3. Uninstall the drivers for the USB GPS dongle and reinstall them. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, locating the USB GPS dongle under "Ports (COM & LPT)", right-clicking on it and selecting "Uninstall device". Then, unplug the USB GPS dongle from your PC and restart your PC. After your PC has restarted, plug the USB GPS dongle back in and let the drivers reinstall.

4. Check if there are any firmware updates available for the USB GPS dongle. You can do this by visiting the manufacturer's website and searching for firmware updates for your specific model.

5. If none of the above steps work, it is possible that the USB GPS dongle is defective and may need to be replaced.
    It's important to note that some USB GPS dongles may require an external antenna to receive a GPS signal. If the USB GPS dongle is not picking up a signal, try placing the antenna in a location where it has a clear view of the sky.

alexlee1904, Mar 11, 2023
Ask a Question