problems with the Meridian Marine fix

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by dave605, Jul 10, 2015.

1. dave605

dave605

I have been having a Meridian Marine since around O3, several days ago, after having not used my gps since hunting season, when I powered it up it acted as if the memory was scrambled. It would not lock in on sat., time was counting up, just all screwed up.
    Since I have an electronics background, and after trying to reinitialize the thing several times, I pulled the batteries out and unscrewed the six Phillips screwes too have a visual inside. There is a satellite board, just behind the display screen...at the bottom right and left of this board are several pins on both sides to communicate with the main board. I simply pulled the board an reseated it exactly...put the gps back together, then reinitialized...the gps immediately started to detect sats. inside of my house, and after checking all the setup screens, the gps worked perfectly...
    This may not be a fix, depending on what the problem really is, but it is worth a try before you go and buy a newer gps....

Gook luck.....hope it works for you........

dave605, Jul 10, 2015
Ask a Question