programmable GPS options

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by eddiecalder, Mar 11, 2017.

1. eddiecalder

eddiecalder

My wife just accepted a job as a home care nurse. She is paid by the amount of people she sees so the faster she gets done the more $ per hour she makes. She is hoping to avoid being lost as much as possible.

She is looking for a basic GPS that can be programmed the night before with all her stops. The stops must be completed in order. Congestion avoidance is also a priority. Any suggestion?

We live in Canada in the Vancouver area if that matters.

eddiecalder, Mar 11, 2017
  2. eddiecalder

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you wanted to cover the least distance, you would Need to look for a Sat nav that has Multi-Point routing with Optimisation, If you have say 5 places to visit, you would enter 1-2-3-4-5 and a route would be plotted in that order, however you then tell it to 'optimise' the route and you would get something like 1-4-3-5-2, it will always keep '1' first

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 11, 2017
  3. eddiecalder

eddiecalder

Maybe in not understanding you. Would I have to optimize the route for distance or could I just go in an order i program?

eddiecalder, Mar 11, 2017
  4. eddiecalder

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You don't have to optimise the route, you would still need Multipoint Routing ( called Trip Planner on Garmin devices), if you enter as 1-2-3-4-5, they will stay in that order, you can still select Route Preferences like, Fatster Time, Shortest Distance or Less Fuel and the route will stay as 1-2-3-4-5 if you don't select Optimise Order option

A Sat nav like the Garmin Nuvi 50 series has both Multipoint Routing and optional Route Optimisation

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 11, 2017
Ask a Question