Question regarding Raw Data Processing Within SkyTraq firmware

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by SomeNick, Aug 29, 2018.

1. SomeNick

SomeNick

Good evening,

I am currently working with an SkyTraq Venus 8 receiver and have a question regarding its raw data output. Using SkyTraqs GPS Viewer, the receivers are showing correct coordinates. The raw data is logged and I want to use it in post-processing, but for now I am not able to compute a correct navigation solution. The functions I am using to solve the observable equations are working correct, this could be tested by the use of some example data. In my current program no corrections are applied to the pseudorange observations, since I assume this has already been done by the firmware.

To clearify, I am talking about the corrections which are foreseen within the GPS System, for example the application of the ionosphere correction coefficients used within the Bent-modell, or the usage of the clock correction parameters within transmitted within the navigation message(further Details are described in the GPS Standard Positioning Service Specification on page 39). Does anyone know if these issues are being adressed within the firmware?

Maybe someone has worked with an similar receiver and can report if and maybe how he was able to calculate correct navigation data. Every thought or idea is appreciated!

Thank you very much!

SomeNick, Aug 29, 2018
  2. SomeNick

Mark Hunter

If the receiver is not processing the broadcast clock corrections then the reported solution will likely be miles away from the true location. Again the Bent model (GPS Klobuchar) parameters should be taken into account by the firmware of the device, however failure to do so here will mostly manifest itself in a height error (10's of meters) not so much a 2D position error. If your solution is within a meter or two then it all looks good.

Mark Hunter, Oct 18, 2018
Ask a Question