Recommendations and suggestions for new system

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by NoviceUser, Aug 8, 2015.

1. NoviceUser

NoviceUser

Hello. I have to purchase a new car navigation system since my Tomtom suspiciously decided to stop working properly in many ways. I have a new skoda which has a bolero infotainment system with mirrorlink possibility.

1. The skoda site mentions something about updating the car navigation system on the infotainment system, however there is currently no option that suggests there is any car navigation on this system and I can't find any information on this anywhere, does anyone know anything about this?

2. Assuming I skip the above and go for installing a navigation app on one of my mirrorlink compatible devices (synic or something like that) will I be able to use other features that my infotainment system offer? For example bluetooth music while displaying the navigation? Anyone who has experience on this is welcome to share that as well as recommendations for such an app.

3. Assuming the answers to my above questions are not satisfactory for me, can anyone please recommend a traditional navigation system with free map updates and that does not suspiciously stop working properly after a few years?

Thank you.

NoviceUser, Aug 8, 2015
Ask a Question