Removing Quickdraw files from 8612xsv

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by BikingDawg, Nov 7, 2023.

1. BikingDawg

BikingDawg

Recently installed an 8612xsv. Playing around I downloaded (ipad to 8612xsv) some Quickdraw files, while some are handy some make for a very busy screen. Was told I could delete Contourlog.svy files from my SDcard: GARMIN(C) >GARMIN >QUICKDRAW. But I do not see any .svy files, only .qdc files. My concern is, If I delete the Quickdraw files from my ipad, then update the 8612xsv, will I delete any original mapping?
    I have saved other info on the card i don't want to lose, is that the .qdc files I'm seeing? Bottom line, I do not want to lose any base maps. Would appreciate any info on the subject

BikingDawg, Nov 7, 2023
  2. BikingDawg

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you are ever in doubt about removing files you need to copy them to a folder on your computer first, if you create a folder on your ipad called /GARMIN/QUICKDRAW and then copy all the files from the 8612 quickdraw folder to this new folder you can then remove any files from the 8612 quickdraw folder and be able to copy them back to the same location if needed

As far as I can see both SVY and QDC files are quickdraw contour database files, I am not sure why two types are used, but they are map overlay files not map files

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 8, 2023
Ask a Question